Tuesday, January 10, 2006

London in Iraq

Well the weather persists!

I woke yesterday to find another day has dawned just as miserable as the previous.

I have not been flying much because of this weather. I have been on the day shift for almost a month now. During the day shift we fly all of the maintenance flights that need to be done. Our maintenance flights are similar to the test drive that your mechanic will do before and after fixing your car. We ensure that the problem reported is there and then make sure that it has been properly fixed. For these flights we often need to fly higher than normal and because of low cloud cover we cannot

So, I get to sit here and update. I know that everyone is happy for that.

In the early mornings, just before the sun breaks the horizon, you can get lost as to where you really are. Some days you would not be able to tell that you are located in the middle of a desert or in the outlying areas of London. With the all of the rain that we have been getting it has been super saturating the ground. The moisture lifting from the ground and the low lying clouds has brought walls of fog. With all of the lights on outside of each person's CHU it lit the fog into an eerily glow.

I guess I should have had my camera with me. I was just looking through my pictures and realized that it has been a while since I last took some pictures. I have been really enjoying getting a lot of pictures here. I now have enough pictures to fill a CD full! I will have to go out and get more....










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home