Friday, January 13, 2006

Beautiful weather has arrived at least for a little while...

I woke today to find the sun shinning. I have not done that in almost a week. I figured that it would surely turn cloudy and then rain later in the day but it stayed beautiful.

I was supposed to go flying today. We have a few birds that have been in the standard maintenance that they all go through. I have been working with a maintenance test pilot this week trying to get a particular aircraft ready to go back on the line. Well it looks as if I will be waiting at least one more day before I go flying. These things happen but are good that they find some of the problems while they are still in the shop because they can get fixed easier and faster.

Just about everyone here that has been deployed to Iraq before keeps telling us that this bad weather will not be leaving us for another two months. If it does like it has been doing I will be just fine with it. It will stay gloomy for about a week and then it will turn sunny and the water will seep back into the ground long enough to dry up things for about a day. It gives you a break and lets you recoup and get ready for the next wave. Too bad it will not do that once it gets hot. Give us heat for a week and then rain; I guess not in the desert...

1 Comments:

At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates..Michelle I love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home